Sports massage was originally developed to help athletes prepare their bodies for optimal performance, recover after a big event, or function well during training. Sports massage emphasizes prevention and healing of injuries to the muscles and tendons.
But you don't need to be in the Olympics to benefit from sports massage,it is also good for anyone with injuries, chronic pain or restricted range of motion. The massage therapist generally concentrates on a specific problem area.
Sports massage was designed for athletes, but is useful for anyone with chronic pain, injury or range-of-motion issues.
Sports massage is not designed to relax and pamper you - its purpose is to speed up your recovery time from exercise and help prevent future injuries. However, sports massage can leave you feeling a little tired or sore, so plan to go easy on yourself for a while afterwards. It's not a good idea to eat a heavy meal or drink alcohol in the hours leading up to your massage.
Here are some of the benefits of a Sports Massage:
- relax your muscles;
- fight fatigue;
- relieve any swelling you have around your joints;
- boost circulation and the immune system so that the body heals more quickly;
- improve your flexibility and body strength;
- reduce your heart rate and blood pressure;
- increase your circulation and lymph flow;
- make it easier for you to recover more quickly after you've done strenuous exercise;
- make it less likely you'll get more injuries by getting rid of the tension in the muscles;
After the treatment you may feel a bit sore or tired, so give yourself plenty of time to lie down or have a shower before you dash off anywhere. Massage can have a dehydrating effect on the body, so please drink plenty of water before and afterwards.
- fever or any infection or illness;
- any open wounds, recent bruising, muscle tears, sprained ligaments, contusions, chilblains or burns;
- any serious medical condition or illness;
- a skin infection;
- acute or long term mental health problems;
Call now to book Your Therapist Sports Massage!
07885 223 636
07885 232 386